Tru by Hilton Expands Development Footprint to Canada
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced deals for three Tru by Hilton properties in Canada, which marks the development of the brand's first non-U.S. locations. Located in Alberta, Tru by Hilton Edmonton-Windermere is the first of these properties expected to open in 2018. It will be followed by two additional Tru by Hilton properties in Ontario in 2019. These hotels are part of Tru by Hilton's robust pipeline of 420 hotels in various stages of development - the fastest-growing pipeline in the history of the hospitality industry.
"Tru by Hilton is an innovator and industry-leader in the midscale segment - the very first to meet the needs of a previously underserved group of travelers who seek simplicity and value without compromising quality and design," said Alexandra Jaritz, global head, Tru by Hilton. "We're incredibly excited to bring Tru by Hilton to the Canadian market. This marks a new chapter for this brand, and we know it will have broad appeal to travelers who span generations, but have a similar 'zest for life' mindset."
Development interest in both Canada and the U.S. includes a diverse group of location types - urban, suburban, resort, college towns and interstate locations. The three properties in development are:
- The 92-room Tru by Hilton Edmonton-Windermere, located in Alberta, developed by Rohan Investments Inc. and expected to open in 2018.
- The 120-room Tru by Hilton Markham, located in Ontario, developed by Hanisha Incorporated & Lodson Investments Corporation and expected to open in 2019. This property is a dual-brand project with Home2 Suites, Hilton's all-suite accommodations option for travelers seeking a longer stay.
- The 95-room Tru by Hilton Kingston, also located in Ontario, developed by Canada Ltd., and expected to open in 2019.
When completed, the new hotels will provide guests with smart and efficiently-designed guest rooms and public spaces. Property features include:
- A reimagined, enlarged lobby with 268 square meters (2,880 square feet) of public space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge.
- A build-your-own complimentary "Top It" breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests can create their own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces.
- Modern rooms designed to make every square foot count, with natural light from oversized windows, 55" TV with a robust programming offer and bright all-shower bathrooms with premium bath amenities.
- National- and local-brand gourmet snacks and drinks - including single-serve beer and wine - are available 24/7 in the "Eat. & Sip." market located in the heart of the lobby.
- Tech-savvy amenities, including mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere.
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet.
Director, Brand Public Relations
+1 901 374 6518
Padilla for Hilton
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,300 properties with more than 863,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Tru by Hilton
Tru by Hilton is a game-changing midscale hotel brand providing a simplified and spirited approach that is grounded in value for business and leisure travelers. The brand is modern and functional, offering social connectivity with reimagined public spaces, including an open lobby comprised of four areas where guests can work, play, lounge, and eat. Designed to appeal cross-generationally, guests enjoy complimentary amenities, including a Build Your Own ‘Top It’ breakfast, coffee, and tea; smaller, more modern, and efficiently designed guestrooms with oversized windows for natural light; a multifunctional fitness center; and fast Wi-Fi. Premium snacks, light meal options and single-serve wine and beer are available for purchase at a 24/7 retail market. Tru by Hilton is part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn more at www.trubyhilton.com and connect with Tru by Hilton via social media at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.